Student Volunteers are needed for CASP Fall Convention 2018
To be considered a workshop monitor:
Student members who volunteer to monitor a workshop at CASP Convention 2018 can attend that workshop for free! Monitoring workshops includes assisting the instructor, checking attendees’ workshop badges to make sure they are signed up for that particular workshop, making sure attendees who need continuing education credits sign in and out of the workshops and complete evaluation sheets online (and on hard copy, when necessary), and returning all workshop folders, evaluation sheets and leftover workshop sheets, if any, back to the Volunteer Center.
Investing in You = Investing in Students, Fall Convention 2018 will take place on Thursday, Nov. 8 – Saturday, Nov. 10 at Hyatt Regency Mission Bay, San Diego. We count on you to make sure the workshops run smoothly.
- You must be a current CASP student member to participate in this opportunity. If you are not a member, register today.
- Register for and pay for at least the day’s admission to the Convention.
- Ability to give instructions to the class: Are you able to effectively speak in front of an audience to get your point across? You will need to do so to let the workshop attendees know the basic sign-in/sign-out process for the session, all of which you will be familiar with beforehand.
- Adhere to the instructor: Can you follow the instructor’s requests to fill his/her needs when necessary?
- Complete your assignment: Can you stay until the end of the workshop and make sure the attendees have signed out and filled out/turned in their evaluation sheets? Those who complete their volunteer assignment will receive $25 that will be mailed to them within two weeks after the Convention.
To be considered as a workshop monitor:
- View the workshop descriptions on the Convention Page and decide which workshop you’d like to volunteer for. Please make a first and second choice. Volunteers are needed only for the sessions that begin with “W”.
- Pay admission for the Convention day that your assignment is on.
- Fill out the online Student Monitor application.
- Await confirmation and further instructions for your workshop assignment by email.
You will be contacted within days after CASP receives your Student Monitor Form. Further instructions will be emailed to you a few days prior to the start of the convention.
If you have any questions, please contact Raina LeGarreta at email@example.com