Student Volunteers are needed for CASP Spring Institute 2018
To be considered a workshop monitor:
Student members who volunteer to monitor a workshop at CASP Spring Institute 2018 can attend their volunteer day for free! Monitoring workshops includes assisting the instructor, checking attendees’ workshop badges to make sure they are signed up for that particular workshop, making sure attendees who need continuing education credits sign in and out of the workshops and complete evaluation sheets online (and on hard copy, when necessary), and returning all workshop folders, evaluation sheets and leftover workshop sheets, if any, back to the Volunteer Center. Lunch will be included with your volunteer day.
Positive Psychology, Spring Institute 2018 will take place on Thursday, March 22 – Saturday, March 24 at the Portola Hotel & Spa in Monterey. We count on you to make sure the workshops run smoothly.
Workshop monitors will need to do the following:
- You must be a current CASP student member to participate in this opportunity. If you haven’t renewed your membership for this year and would like to become a student volunteer, please do so here.
- Ability to give instructions to the class: Are you able to effectively speak in front of an audience to get your point across? You will need to do so to let the workshop attendees know the basic sign-in/sign-out process for the session, all of which you will be familiar with beforehand.
- Adhere to the instructor: Can you follow the instructor’s requests to fill his/her needs when necessary?
- Complete your assignment: Completing your assignment entails staying until the end of the workshop and making sure the attendees have signed out and filled out/turned in their evaluation sheets.
To be considered as a workshop monitor:
- View the workshop descriptions on the Spring Institute Page and decide which workshop/s you’d like to volunteer for.
- Please choose two 3-hour workshops or one 6-hour workshop to volunteer for in a day. For example, if you choose to volunteer on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, choose one 3-hour workshop to volunteer for the morning of your chosen day, and one 3-hour for the afternoon of that same day OR you can choose one 6-hour workshop for consideration.
- Fill out the student monitor application.
- Volunteers are only needed for the sessions that begin with “W”. For example, choose only the workshops that are noted W-01, W-05, etc. on the workshop schedule. You will be asked on the student monitor application to make two choices of workshop selections just in case your first choice has already been taken. Student monitor considerations are on a first come, first serve basis. So choose your workshops and submit your application today!
- Wait for confirmation of your assignment by email
- Await further instructions regarding your assignment by email
Note: If you will be attending workshops on days in addition to your volunteer day, you will need to pay the admission for those days. You will only receive free admission to Spring Institute on the day that you volunteer.
Thank you for considering this volunteer opportunity on behalf of your professional association.