School of Education Full-Time Faculty Position- School Psychology
Brandman University Full-Time Faculty Opening – School Psychology
(CA Campus to be determined)
Brandman University is seeking highly knowledgeable, motivated, and collaborative faculty to build on exemplary CTC and NCATE joint site visit accreditation success in April 2015. Our School of Education is among the largest providers of educators in the State of California and our faculty are charged with the important responsibility of developing highly effective educators and leaders.
Brandman University, part of the Chapman University System, is a private, non-profit institution with a mission to provide students with a dynamic education based on excellence and flexibility that creates lasting value and relevance for evolving careers. Brandman’s innovative approach to educating working professional students utilizes technology to enhance the learning experience with a combination of face-to-face instruction and collaborative online learning. Brandman serves 12,000 students annually with programs available online and at 26 campuses throughout California and Washington. The School of Education is nationally accredited through NCATE and all credential programs are accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).
Responsibilities of Brandman University full-time faculty include teaching, mentoring and service. Research is supported, but not required. All Faculty positions are non-tenure track, and typically hired at the rank of Assistant Professor, however, higher rank will be considered if appropriate. Brandman offers competitive salaries with generous benefits.
The School of Education of Brandman University seeks to fill the following faculty position:
The ideal candidate will have:
• Doctorate in school counseling, school psychology, or related discipline
• Active licensure/credential in school psychology
• At least 5 years of experience as a school psychologist
• Experience in Higher Education teaching at the Masters or Doctoral level
• Experience with course design and program development
• Experience with distance learning and academic technology
• Commitment to technology and innovation in teaching and practice
• Accreditation experience desirable
• Strong speaking and writing skills and ability to collaborate
• Ability to communicate effectively within a distributed campus system
• Speech Language Pathology Credential and experience
• School Counseling experience
• Hold BCBA/BCBA-D certification
The full-time faculty member will serve as a member of the School Counseling/School Psychology Curriculum team and will be responsible for program oversight and instruction of graduate courses within the school psychology program. The faculty member will supervise and support adjunct faculty within several credential and masters programs at our distributed campuses.
The position listed above is effective August 2019. If you want to apply your teaching experience and passion for adult learning in an environment that is student centered and values integrity, collaboration, and innovation, Brandman University is the place for you. Please visit the Brandman University Career Site.