CASP Student Membership Benefits
Membership in the California Association of School Psychologists gives you a host of benefits that provides you with what you need as you continue your journey to become professionals in the field.
CASP student members receive major discounts on membership and CASP convention registration; can apply for CASP scholarships; can have a voice in our quarterly newsletter CASP Today; keep abreast of all things new and exciting in the world of school psychology; and more.
Take a look at what CASP has for you!
- Membership Discount – $50 for annual CASP membership.
- Convention Discount – Receive substantially lower registration rates for CASP Conventions.
- CASP Scholarships – Obtain funds to attend the CASP Convention via the Paul Henkin/Suzanne Fisher Scholarship or to help you through graduate school via the Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (CLD Scholarship).
- Volunteer Opportunities –Monitor workshops at CASP Conventions or Spring Institutes and attend those presentations for FREE!
- Discounted Liability Insurance – Available through the American Professional Agency, in case you need that for your internship.
- Presentation Opportunities – The annual convention has time carved out for students to present poster and research papers – great resume boosters.
- Student Strand – Attend presentations at CASP Conventions or Spring Institutes focused specifically on topics that affect you.
- CASP Today – Read and write about the world of school psychology from the students’ point of view in Students Corner segment of CASP’s quarterly newsletter. Student articles are welcome.
- About to graduate? Newly minted school psychologists continue to pay the student membership rate for one year as they settle into their new jobs.
- Student Leadership – CASP’s student member on the Board of Directors advises the association on student needs while the Student Leadership Coordinator sees to it that CASP students take advantage of membership opportunities.
Enjoy all the benefits of CASP membership – Like all members, CASP student members have access to:
CASP Surveys: Need to survey working school psychologists for your dissertation? We can help.
Contemporary School Psychology: Free access to this excellent resource for your studies is at your fingertips.
Job or Internship Listings: In the Members Area of the CASP website.
Links & Resources
- How to Get a School Psychology Job in California
- NASP-Approved School Psychology Graduate Programs
- NCSP: Now More Important Than Ever
- School Psychology Internship Manual
- How to Get an Internship in California if You are From Out of State
- CLD Scholarship Application
- Paul Henkin/Suzanne Fisher Scholarship Award
- NASP-Approved California Graduate Programs in School Psychology
- CASP Job Placement Bulletin (members only)
- CTC Credential Requirements
- CSP Foundation Scholarships and Grants
- CASP Position Statement Regarding Internship Placements
You Asked. We got. CASP students (and all members) can now purchase liability insurance at a deep discount through American Professional Agency, Inc.