Coordinator IV – Psychological Services – Las Vegas
This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Using consultation and collaborative problem solving with school personnel and parents to address student
learning, behavior, mental health, and social issues.
2. Assisting parents with referring the student to appropriate community agencies when needed.
3. Working directly with students, educators, and parents in a systematic process of intervention assistance
and short-term support services that may focus on academic or behavioral interventions and supports,
learning strategies, counseling services, social skills instruction, and other targeted services for support of
instruction and intervention.
4. Assisting with school-based Response to Instruction (RTI) Team operations, including the development of
Individualized Intervention Plans for at-risk students and support for implementation of curriculum-based
measurement (CBM) practices for universal screening and progress monitoring.
5. Conducting assessments and evaluations in conjunction with teachers, parents, and other related services
personnel in relation to student academic performance and achievement, student progress, learning
aptitude, social/emotional development, adaptive functioning, and other relevant domains.
6. Using eligibility standards (IDEA, NAC; Section 504), Department procedures, and a variety of assessment
techniques to assist the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) in determining student eligibility for special education
services or student need for reasonable accommodations.
7. Writing comprehensive MDT Evaluation Reports following Department standards.
8. Assisting the Individualized Education Program (IEP) Team, as needed, in developing appropriate services
for identified special education students.
9. Assisting the MDT Team, as needed, in developing reasonable accommodations for identified Section 504
10. Promoting and advancing mental health issues relevant to students and families.
11. Actively support the functioning of the school-based crisis team to include training and support for
implementation of the Suicide Intervention Protocol, Legal 2000 procedures, transition supports for students
returning to school from hospitalization, and mental health screenings, as needed.
12. Serving in additional capacities, such as conducting professional development activities for school staff
members regarding best practices and supporting school improvement activities.
Page 2 of 2
13. Actively promoting and supporting Department initiatives associated with the District’s RTI Framework
including; but not limited to, the monitoring of disproportionality in special education, development of School
Wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS), and implementation of the RTI Assessment
14. Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position, as assigned.
Contact: Keri Altig – 702.799.7465