Student Volunteers are needed for CASP Spring Institute 2020
Student members who volunteer to monitor workshops at CASP Spring Institute 2020 receive free admission on the day they volunteer! Monitoring workshops includes assisting the instructor, checking attendees’ workshop badges to make sure they are in the correct workshop, making sure attendees who need continuing education credits sign in and out of the workshops and complete evaluation sheets, and returning all workshop materials to CASP staff at the end of each workshop. Lunch will be included.
Crafting Our Best Selves: Advocacy, Leadership and Empowerment, Spring Institute 2020, will take place Thursday, March 19 – Saturday, March 21 at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento. We count on you to make sure the workshops run smoothly.
- You must be a current CASP student member to participate in this opportunity. If you haven’t renewed your membership for this year and would like to become a student volunteer, please do so at casponline.org/membership.
- Ability to give instructions to the class: Are you able to effectively speak in front of a class to get your point across? You will need to do so to let the workshop attendees know the basic sign-in/sign-out process for the session, all of which you will be familiar with beforehand.
Complete your assignment: You will need to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the workshop and stay until the end, making sure the attendees requesting CEUs have signed out and completed/turned in their evaluation sheets. You also need to assist the presenter with any logistical needs they may have.
To be considered as a workshop monitor:
- View the workshop descriptions on the Spring Institute Page and decide which workshop/s you’d like to volunteer for.
- Please choose two 3-hour workshops or one 6-hour workshop to volunteer for on the day you wish to participate.
- Fill out the student monitor application.
- You will be asked on the student monitor application to make two workshop selections in case your first choice has already been taken. Student monitor considerations are on a first come, first serve basis. Choose your workshops and submit your application today!
- You will receive confirmation of your assignment as well as further instructions via email.
Note: If you will plan to attend additional days, you will need to register for that separately. You will only receive free admission to Spring Institute on the day that you volunteer.
If you have any questions, please email kathyL@casponline.org
Thank you for considering this volunteer opportunity on behalf of your professional association.