Student Leadership Projects
Composed by a coalition of school psychology graduate students, under the guidance of CASP’s student leadership coordinator, this guide addresses the critical need to address implicit bias in school and promote assessment best practices when working with diverse students.
School Psychology Student Webinars
We understand that many of you are now struggling to get your hours for graduation. Many professors are allowing students to sign up for webinars and receive hours for them. To that end, CASP is offering a student strand webinar series available live or recorded. These webinars are not eligible for CEUs, and are only $10 each for student members, or $25 for nonmembers.
Student Series: What to Expect from Your Internship Besides Money Webinar
This webinar is not eligible for CEUs.
This workshop is designed help participants know what is required for a successful school psychology internship that will prepare you to land your first job. CASP and NASP best practice guidelines for internship, the role of the intern and the role of the supervisor, and suggestions for negotiating the experience you need and the compensation you deserve will be provided.
Student Series: Beyond the Numbers: What Really Needs to be Included in All Those Reports
This webinar is not eligible for CEUs.
Report writing. As you get comfortable in your first job as a school psychologist, you will likely find that report writing is a major part of your job. But how do you make reports understandable to your principal and the parents? What should you look for to make sure these reports are legally compliant?
CASP Student Membership Benefits
Membership in the California Association of School Psychologists gives you a host of benefits that provides you with what you need as you continue your journey to become professionals in the field.
CASP student members receive major discounts on membership and CASP convention registration; can apply for CASP scholarships; can have a voice in our quarterly newsletter CASP Today; keep abreast of all things new and exciting in the world of school psychology; and more.
Take a look at what CASP has for you!
- Membership Discount – $50 for annual CASP membership.
- Convention Discount – Receive substantially lower registration rates for CASP Conventions.
- CASP Scholarships – Obtain funds to attend the CASP Convention via the Paul Henkin/Suzanne Fisher Scholarship or to help you through graduate school via the Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (CLD Scholarship).
- Volunteer Opportunities –Monitor workshops at CASP Conventions or Spring Institutes and attend those presentations for FREE!
- Discounted Liability Insurance – Available through the American Professional Agency, in case you need that for your internship.
- Presentation Opportunities – The annual convention has time carved out for students to present poster and research papers – great resume boosters.
- Student Strand – Attend presentations at CASP Conventions or Spring Institutes focused specifically on topics that affect you.
- CASP Today – Read and write about the world of school psychology from the students’ point of view in Students Corner segment of CASP’s quarterly newsletter. Student articles are welcome.
- About to graduate? Newly minted school psychologists continue to pay the student membership rate for one year as they settle into their new jobs.
- Student Leadership – CASP’s student member on the Board of Directors advises the association on student needs while the Student Leadership Coordinator sees to it that CASP students take advantage of membership opportunities.
Enjoy all the benefits of CASP membership – Like all members, CASP student members have access to:
CASP Surveys: Need to survey working school psychologists for your dissertation? We can help.
Contemporary School Psychology: Free access to this excellent resource for your studies is at your fingertips.
Job or Internship Listings: In the Members Area of the CASP website.
Links & Resources
- School Psychology Educators of California (SPEC)
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- School Psychology Internship Manual
- How to Get a School Psychology Job in California
- NASP-Approved School Psychology Graduate Programs
- NCSP: Now More Important Than Ever
- How to Get an Internship in California if You are From Out of State
- CLD Scholarship Application
- Paul Henkin/Suzanne Fisher Scholarship Award
- NASP-Approved California Graduate Programs in School Psychology
- CASP Job Placement Bulletin (members only)
- CTC Credential Requirements
- CSP Foundation Scholarships and Grants
- CASP Position Statement Regarding Internship Placements
You Asked. We got. CASP students (and all members) can now purchase liability insurance at a deep discount through American Professional Agency, Inc.