CASP Purpose and Values
“We empower school psychologists to strengthen educational systems and the people they serve.”
- We believe that educating families and community members about learning disabilities and mental health improves equity in education today.
- We believe in supporting and empowering educators in working with students of all abilities by providing a deeper understanding of their needs.
- We believe school psychologists deserve access to resources that support their ongoing professional growth and advance current best practices.
- We believe in ethical and evidence-based practices, in alignment with the NASP domains of practice.
- We believe every person has the right to discover their potential to learn.
- We value diversity and inclusion, and strive to engage in strategic outreach to recruit and retain diverse school psychologists.
Adopted by the CASP Board of Directors 6/2023
The CASP mission is to foster the wellbeing of the children, schools, and communities we serve through legislative advocacy, professional development, communications, publications, ethics guidelines, and direct services to members.
Adopted by the CASP Board of Directors in August 2014.